Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Teapot The First !

"Etherized upon a table"

I asked teapot to post a critique on one of my works ("Stroke after Stroke on the keyboard") a few days ago. She claimed she did not understand what it was about, after my repeated emphasis that it is the best on my blog, here is what she emailed me :

it doesnt help.
maybe its cuz im a moron. but i think its because youre just stuffing in toooo much in a few lines.
its not poetry its a condensed essay, all dehydrated and jammed into a glass jar so u can only see the sides, and not the inside, and then the tag says: this jar of condensed is a poem for connoisseurs.
It is an acquired taste, i guess is what im trying to say.
like blue cheese, cow brains and corona beer. fried octupii. Vodka on the rocks. power shakes made with raw egg. beef tartar (yuk). sushi. fried grasshoppers. milk. hot milk. that salty yogurt drink u like.
acquired taste.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

a crystal jar requires perfected skills of craftsman to make it, and the milk that goes in only requires a grazing cow.

Anonymous said...

oye o gujra! may teri maj cho daini aye. Tay paisay wee koi nai dainay!

Anonymous said...

Re: Malik Gujar said...
a crystal jar requires perfected skills of craftsman to make it, and the milk that goes in only requires a grazing cow.

--

Dear Malik,
That`s great, but a poem is not a jar. A song is not just music, and its not just words. Its a harmonious combination of both and other elements, a beautiful voice, an aged instrument, a steady rythm.
It`s simplistic to justify an encrypted poem by saying that it is beautifully crafted.. and it is arrogant and stupid to brag about it when one didn`t even understand it.

If you think it`s so perfect dear, why don`t you offer to analyse it for us.

Vincent said...

I think what Malik's point is, that there is some effort required to make a crystal, but apparently, cow has to do nothing to lactate.
He furthermore, accuses cows of just grazing. This can be "anus horribilis"! Malik I shall summon you to the animal rights' court. Dont count on Tom Delay to help ya there!

Anonymous said...

Before the cow controvercy starves the poor offspring to death, this is what I meant: neither is the poem a piece of perfection, nor is the analogy of seeing through and around it and filling it with exotic drinks a way to look at it. It must be seen as an effort on the blogger's part to explore his possibilities and must be taken as it is.

Vincent said...

I am begining to like this Gujar Malik.

Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dear Malik
You are a natural diplomat.
I agree with you that it is a nice effort. But when one whom you regard highly asks you to give your opinion about something which you cannot grasp intellectually, what should you do? pretend to understand? I never lie to friends. Step back and say nothing? When someone asks you for such a thing, it is because they regard you as highly as you do them, and therefore i couldn't decline.
I did what I thought was best, Respectfully, I expressed my feeeling about it, because obviously i couldn't do anything intellectually.

Vincent said...

Are you comparing me to Henry Kessenger, by calling me a "natural diplomat"?