Saturday, September 16, 2006

The escape

When the ticks of the clock are not heard;
When the obliqueness
of the night takes over the stars;
when the darkness presents its dance
and the silenced thoughts sing in the ears.

I stare in the darkness
and sip through the glass.
The wine melts on my tongue,
and in the heart the poison descends.
From behind the tall figurines
the shadows emerge
(screaming the screams of innocent children).
They plot a visage of shimmering darkness.
Overflowing the cups of heaven, the darkness;
Slithering in the dark, the darkness;
darker than their hearts, the darkness.

The shadows converge and form a face,
and (in the darkness) its eyes can see now.
The darkness ascends the walls of my heart,
and in the glass I see myself.
I sip the wine,
till the glass is empty.

Now its only the heart
and my empty glass.

No comments: