Friday, September 15, 2006

On the rationality of the Church, or Is Benedict XVI Chancelor Palpatine?

I was amused to hear the recent Pope's comments on Islam and violence - the pope does that once in a while about gay marriage, and birth control and the list is endless. My gut reaction was "the man is only doing his job" and I moved on to the more important things of the day. But after a few hours, and reading a bunch of different headlines around the world, I was forced to take the matter seriously.
I read the script of Pope's speech, and I concluded that there was nothing wrong with the argument he was trying to make. He was promoting the Greek and hence the resulting influence of rationality in the Christian faith and the church in generall. The entire matter was supposed to be platonic in nature, and it would have been if the Pope had not succumbed to which the entire church did a few 100 years ago - triggering a dark age.
The Pope's discussion as the church claims was a discussion with valid arguemnts about the superiority of reason and rationality (as we all know arguments form the basis of any discussion), but his arguments were not rational, or even depicted reality. He went on quoting this empror Manuel II from the dark ages. The arguement is strictly formulated by conviction and is not rational or (even based on the known history) at all. Hence the Pope did what a Head of an organization that gave us dark ages, burning of the heratics, crusades, does best - he contradicted himself, and the history.
Now don't get me wrong here - I have nothing against any religon.
My concerns are based on a report by BBC that has made a comparison between Benedict XVI and Darth Vader. I did some reserch into the matter, and I have a reason to believe that BBC is wrong - its not Darth Vader, its the Emperor Palpatine himself. I have a proof, and here I present it to you in the following lines:


Pope Palpatine I

Does this mean that the Church has been hijacked by the Sith? and "in grave danger, we are", or even worse, "I am your father, Luke"!!!? You decide.

2 comments:

Zh. said...

wow.if that was on CNN i'd prob never read it:p

Vincent said...

I aint CNN, dawg!