Thursday, August 25, 2005

back to school

So the school has started again, without any sort of excitement on my part. I am already having this burnt feeling on the second day of school. I wonder if its because I cleared around 18 credit hours in summer I, II, and III combined. I thought I will be graduating this semester but all my plans to the dustbin, beacuase of that crazymotherfucker Vain.
When I trasnfered to texas I did not take Govt, so I am taking it now at the end of my degree. The government class has all the elements of a modern government. I was surprised to see that the instructor is not a Vietnam veteran but rather a fairly young man (does not mean young, fair man).
Acting on his agenda he told us that he will try to develop a profound understanding among the students about the importance of a government in a society. For sake of the fulfilment of his dream he enumerated plans: lecture our asses, show movies, fascict republican propoganda, lectures by Pat Robertson, and distribute a wallet size photograph of Henry Kessenger among students.
The movie part is always a personal favorite; media luz harbors greatest dreams, and fantasies (yes, even in govt. class). Apart from all this, I thought he would show us, perhaps, Julius Ceaser, or a screen script of The Republic by Plato, or anything but what he showed us (nop he havent started advertising his ass yet). He showed us "Lord of the Flies". If you have seen that movie: know it has nothing to do with government. It was pathetic and I announced my dislike immediately. And lo, I am taking rest of the government classes with a different class now.
I was sworn in (exaggerated word) for the 2005 term as a Vice President of ACM of the university's chapter. My only agenda is to broaden the member base and expand it to about 1500 students from every dicipline possible. My only tool : alcohol. We will arrange offcampus, and oncampus "all drunk programming competetions", and will try to provide a unified platform for the promotion of computers, drugs, and sex. God bless my heart.
Lets see if I can keep up my 4.0 average in this semester. I am gonna try my best to screw up. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think lord of the flies is a good way of starting a class on basic government. if u start with the principle that government is inevitable, that is. whathe is trying to do is get u all to agree with him on the first premisses , so that he can build up his case,. premisse no.1: human being is a social being by definition and innately.
premisse no.2: government is the inevitable fate of a social being in a social environment.

i think that prof is an evil genius and an intellectual manipulator.