Sunday, August 14, 2005

Few quotes by a dear but dead friend of mine: Salvador Dali


"The only difference between myself and a madman is that I am not mad."

"The only difference between me and the Surrealists is that I am a Surrealist"

"At the age of six years I wanted to be a chef. At the age of seven I wanted to

be Napoleon. My ambitions have continued to grow at the same rate ever since."

"Every morning when I wake up, I experience an exquisite joy – the joy of being Salvador Dali – and I ask myself in rapture: What wonderful things this Salvador Dali is going to accomplish today?"

"I tried sex once with a woman and that woman was Gala. It was overrated. I tried sex once with a man and that man was the famous juggler Federico Garcia Lorca [the Spanish Surrealist poet]. It was very painful.*"

"What is important is to spread confusion, not eliminate it."



* Dali was not gay, or bi by any standards, if any exist.

5 comments:

Vincent said...

you MET Dali????? Envious, I am feeling.
I truly blame the decade I was born in. 1980s were the worst of the times to be born in. We missed people like Dali, and what we got in return was Ronal Regan and George Bush.

Vincent said...

Even Kubric died, before I could meet him.

Vincent said...

you mean Kubric was so inconsiderate? And how would A clock work orange can influence as broad of a thing as life?
The art is not for the faint hearted and lost.

Vincent said...

:D oh yeah!
well, madmen are not really mad. Liar's wit never turned. Prince Myshkin of Dostoevsky was not a madman, neither the guy in crime and punishment. Even Haller wasnt mad either.
The magic theatre was for mad men who werent mad. The art and expression is not for the madmen who really are mad.

Vincent said...

* Lear I mean.