Sunday, August 28, 2005

Multiculturism and Globalization


I know a bunch of nice girls who are from that troubled region which has caught the entire world by the balls. To all my female friends from Palestine, now living in US:
(The picture on the right: I wonder who thought of "taste the revoloution slogan"


The Lover
Her eyes and the tattoo on her hands are Palestinian,
Her name, Palestinian,
Her dreams and sorrow, Palestinian,
Her kerchief, her feet and body, Palestinian,
Her words and her silence, Palestinian,
Her voice, Palestinian,
Her birth and her death style, Palestinian American.

-by Mahmoud Darwish, edited by me without any permissions.

Side Note:
I kinda feel bad for distorting the context of this simple and yet so beautiful poem. I hope the region finds peace soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Mahmoud Darwish.

4ndi Land said...

i thought mormons had uber high values, like um, yahowa witnesses, and drinking was disallowed by faith.
guess i was wrong.
by the way vince, i dont get it.
whats the slogan on the advert?

Vincent said...

taste the revolution